If you smoke... by Queensland Government





Launched in May this year, the If you smoke, your future’s not pretty
campaign focuses on the effects of smoking on young people’s physical
appearance. I have never been a fan of smoking. I don’t understand why that around 1 in 5
Queensland women smoke during pregnancy. How smoking has become a major cause of
preventable disease and death in Queensland. How smoking has become responsible
for over 3,400 deaths in Queensland every year.




Isn’t it crazy that female smokers aged 18-24 can smoke up to 20 cigarettes a
day. Not only it will affect your physical appearances, but the overall impact
on your health and wellbeing.




I received news that the campaign is doing the opposite of ‘make-up’ –
‘make-under’ – showcasing what you may look like being a smoker. I had missed
out on the actual opportunity of being ‘make-under’ but I thought I would still
share this campaign – I do think you have the choice to make.



For more information, visit www.qld.gov.au/ifyousmoke


The next road show is going to be at Sunshine Plaza, Maroochydore (Thursday,
23rd October)
and Westfield Garden City (Saturday, 25th October).





Comments

Popular Posts