Favourites of 2012

C360_2012-12-30-17-53-00 - Copy

The year is nearing to an end and I cannot believe it that tomorrow by this time, we will be counting down to the year 2013. New Year’s Eve. It’s like that movie, called New Year’s Eve – which I think was actually released a year ago yet I haven’t seen it. Perhaps I’ll watch it tonight. How has your 2012 been? What’s in store for you in this 2013? I can feel new adventures and new chapter of my life unfolding. Scary but I am restless too.

It may be a clich̩ that I shall end this year with a post like this Рone that showcase some of my favourite products and items. Not even everything but I managed to pick the ones I know I will repurchase and literally almost grab every single day or if not, any other day. For a long while now. Yes I even have favourite nail polishes that I go back to every. single. time. adding a new one from NARS, oh yes.

Shall I start with what they are?

Let’s go from the bottom left… rotating clockwise.

Forever New sunglasses – I have no idea what it is called, but it has large gold frame and tortoiseshell sides

Mombasa Navajo turquoise necklace – Random find at Mombasa several months ago and fell in love with this turquoise necklace piece

Simplicite (skincare brand)
Exfoliating Face Treatment – Review HERE
Plant Gel Cleanser (green)
One Step Exfoliating Cleanser – I can’t deal with not having these two cleansers.
Lemon Night Cr̬me Рbest night cream ever used with results showing the very next day, face feels well nourished.
And I love a number of their other products such as the Floral Toner, the day creams, etc
Great Outdoors Sunscreen – Review HERE

MAC Fix+ – this is my second bottle and have already repurchased, don’t want to deal without this, too

River Island Wrap Watch – I am in love with this watch. I’ll do a post on this soon. If you follow me on instagram, you would have seen it.

NARS Sheer Glow – I am in the shade Punjab. I’ve had this since September and have not ventured out into any other foundation because I am just that happy with this. Perhaps I shall try a Chanel foundation some day, but for now, I am happy with this.

NARS Eyeshadow in Coconut Grove – My first ever NARS eyeshadow and in love with it so much. I can use it as liner, eyeshadow and my brow colour. Loves it very much.

Chanel Illusion D’Ombre – creamy and bouncy eyeshadows that I use almost every time I do my eyes. Unless it’s a ‘barely there, no makeup’ makeup look then I use none.

Pearl stud earrings – pearls, what can I say, classic and timeless and goes with almost everything. Will be looking for a real pair next time, perhaps one that is of odd shape too.

Johnny Andrean hair spray – an Indonesian brand, picked it up when I was back in Indonesia and did my hair. The hairdresser used this and I like it. It’s super cheap when you convert it to Australian dollar. I’ll definitely stock up on this.

My iPod – my very first iPod, gifted to me. Love it. Have no problem with it. Treasuring it.

White statement necklace – I’ve worn this on several occasions on different outfits. Have had compliments with it. Shall keep wearing it. Shall look for more statement and vintagey necklaces teeheehee

Squishy bread ball – this is an artificial bread, plushie, a soft toy, my little destresser ball that I squish a lot of time.

Soap and Glory Hand Food – best hand cream. Does not go sticky, does not go slimey, feels and smells so nice. Will definitely repurchase the large tube. Don’t want to be without one.

Ben Nye Banana Powder – best loose powder, blends like butter, not cakey. Best part is, it is surprisingly cheap for the amount you get. The packaging is not the best design or the best looking thing but it works yeah.

Urban Decay Primer Potion – the best eye primer. Hands down. I have tried some other ones including the Too Faced Shadow Insurance, my eyelids still prefer this UDPP. Especially now with the new tube packaging. Love!

Lush Feeling Younger – this is a highlighter, an illuminator cream product that just looks really really nice on the high points of your face: the cheekbones in particular. I can even wear this even when I am not wearing any makeup on my face, just this.

Orly Top Coat – prefer this than Seche Vite. ‘nuff said? yeah, ‘nuff said. Will be searching to replace this once I am done with this one.

The Face Shop Face It Base Coat – have been using this since perhaps February this year and have not gone to any other base coat. Would probably repurchase.

A bunch of nail polishes I love, namely:

NARS Anardana; Illamasqua Stance, OPI Big Apple Red, Orly Sea Gurl, Essie Masquerade Belle, Essie Silken Cord, Australis Kick the Bucket, Australis glitter nail polishes top coats

Maybelline Age Rewind concealer – here I have the older version and the newer version. I like that the old one you have the two ends, the options of having the brightener and the concealer in one. But you get a lot more product in the new version with one tube of just concealer. Works well and not cakey.

A bunch of braceletes and bangles – been loving them, totally.

Lens cleaner – spritz this on my glasses/spectacles lenses and wipe them. Amazing clarity. I don’t know why I didn’t have this sooner. Makes such a difference.

 

Hopefully I didn’t miss anything. If I do, just shoot me a comment.

Happy New Year everyone

May 2013 brings you more SMILES and LOVES and PEACE :)

-x-

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts