5 Current Samples Favourites

You might wonder what I meant by “samples favourites” – I meant what I said. Yeap, it is based on the sample sachets I have tried in the recent weeks. Just from those I can already tell which ones I really like and would love to purchase the full size, however I am being patient and not rush into buying them… yet.

In a way these are kind of wishlist… or products I would love to repurchase based on having already trialed them beforehand. Not simply buying blindly.

Aesop Fabulous Cleanser

- This truly is a fabulous low-foaming oil based cleanser without the oiliness or greasiness or ickyness. It leaves your skin feeling cleansed and smooth, as though it really does softens your skin with just a wash. The scent is not overpowering and not too sweet either. I made a mistake previously in thinking that any cleanser would do for my face, but I finally come to a conclusion that a cleanser is as important as what moisturiser you use on your face. Not only it is cleansing your skin it should assist in keeping your skin clear and to not dehydrate the skin (too many cleansers do this).

Jurlique Lip Care Balm

- Another pleasant surprise from Jurlique. At first I was wondering what she had put on my lips, it was slightly grainy. After few minutes of letting it sink in, oh my gosh, my lips felt so smooth I could not stop feeling them. I have only tried it in store, not in sample sachet. At $32 a tube… I’m going to cry…

SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

- Can I say I have been very surprised lately by some brands? SK-II is top there in the surprise factor. I thought it was not going to make any difference whatsoever. But I have a little sample of this, after cleansing my face and applied toner, I poured some of this essence water on my palm and dab them all over my face, including the under eye areas. Result? Super smooth hydrated radiant skin. No kidding. What the! Pitera concentration is supposedly 90% in this product, hence the potency of it being in the high zone. I was very surprised that without further moisturiser cream, this essence water was enough to hydrate and tone my skin. Comes in 75ml, 150ml, 215ml and 250ml. Not cheap, but I think it will be a great investment someday…

Ella Bache Everyday Zinc SPF 30+

- The thick consistency of this sunscreen may put some people off. However in days I am not wearing any makeup and when the sun is gloriously shining burning and my skin, this is a saviour. This also seems to be able to cover pores and gives me a nice smooth finish. It does take some getting used to, and what I did was to massage it between my fingers first and dab on my face and seriously give it a massage to really get in the skin. Definitely a kind of veil on the face in very sunny days. Makeup might look dewier than usual if applied on top of this sunscreen, however, and you need serious matte powder on top to counteract when you do. A bit of work but is still a good product. $49 for 50ml tube.

Toners

- I have a thing for toners, well maybe for cleansers too… and serums. Out of the ones I have tried, I am liking Aesop B & Tea, Aesop Parsley Seed Antioxidant – these both feel as though they have some kind of serum oil in them that leaves my skin feeling hydrated and glowing from within. I am also curious of: SK-II Facial Treatment Clear Lotion, Shiseido White Lucent Softener, Estee Lauder, Mario Badescu, Dermalogica, Jurlique…

Have you tried any sample that impressed you from first try and make you want to purchase the full size?

~

C

Comments

Popular Posts