Weekend in Photos: It’s Halloween

I’m sure you are aware that the weekend that just passed coincided with Halloween. Well it’s meant to be the 31st October but the parties and the Halloween-y feel had been going on maybe for about a week already starting with the zombie walk about a week ago!

So with the Halloween in the air, I thought I would do something… different. Have I ever really dressed up for Halloween? My first ever Halloween dress-up was last year and this year I really did not get to buy a new costume or outfit but I did have an idea… and while browsing through a random shop another idea popped into my head. 1 idea + 1 idea = good idea ;p

Before I continue on the idea… I’m just going to quickly mention how I went to MAC to do my 2nd Back 2 MAC #excited !! I’m glad Morange is in the range Amplified… Amplified is my favourite texture from MAC.

Halloween_111

Back to Halloween … I found these at the shop and was unsure about the black wings because my initial idea never involved it. However now I’m kicking myself for not getting that black wings. It was sold out by the next day when I wanted to get it!

Halloween_11

My idea involved “masquerade”, “lace”, “drawn on mask”, “Victorian”, “Avant garde”, you get the idea?

And with the spirit of Halloween and giving myself a challenge… so on Friday night I thought… why not play around with my makeup (oh, yes, you know how we roll… we just play with our makeup) and came up with…

Halloween_112

Halloween_113

Although when Saturday night hit… and it was time for me to get ready for the Halloween party that night I did not feel like having a full mask like I had the night before (as seen in previous photos)… but I still stuck to my initial idea of prints and artsyfied face. An angel might as well be in disguise… and went with…

Halloween_114

What I used (I had a serious moment of just playing around with this and that and this and that!) – I was just enjoying it so much… hahaha.

If you’re wondering, no that’s not my bra strap… it’s the wings strap (remember I missed out on the black wings? I had to get the white wings instead). My idea? Fallen angel… or Dark angel

FACE

MAC Face & Body Foundation – C2 (My current HG foundation)
MAC MoistureCover Concealer – NW20 (Undereye and anywhere a bit dark)
Illamasqua Concealer – CC200 (any blemishes or redness)
Illamasqua Powder Foundation – PF200 (to set – since I needed my face to be more “made up” that night)
ELF Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder – Matte Bronze (to contour)

LIPS

MAC Morange (Amplified)
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil – 601 Black Bean (on the outer corners to give it a more “dark” look/feel)

EYES

Inglot eyeshadow – AMC 65 (the shimmer black to draw the patterns)
Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner – Black Ink
Pure Luxe pigments – to go over the patterns (just any metallic green, blue, red, etc)
Illamasqua False Lashes – Grandeur from Theatre of Nameless collection* (1 eye)
ES Lashes – A500* (1 eye)
Inglot eyeshadow – 348 (eyebrows)

For any that I might have missed or for any queries, feel free to ask me either by commenting below or drop me an email.

Hope you had an interesting weekend and have a good week ahead!

IMG-20111030-02071

Eat well, Pray well, Live well

xoxo

All products were purchased by me, unless marked with * by which were given for review consideration. As per disclosure, I give my 100% honest opinion.

Comments

Tezza said…
omg thats really hot! ;)
i love both looks!
Hot dang girl, love the look! Can't decide which one I like more. Both are gorgeous. Great job! :P
vivalaivy said…
great post! love those halloween makeup looks you've done.
i love morange too, super pigmented bright tomato-loveliness :">
pandablush said…
Omg looooove the first look! Sooo hot! Def going to turn heads hahahahas :) I like the second one too, but the first one is more fierce!
Dana K said…
@Tezza: LOL thanks tezza!!
@Tine: Thank youuu.. yeah both are so different
@Vivalaivy: definitely in love with Morange! I can wear it anytime for a dash of colour
@Jeanice: hehe that's truee huh... though I didn't end up wearing it out LOL

Thank you for all the comments, girls!

Popular Posts