Swatchlicious: Illamasqua Cream Blushes

For many of you the name Illamasqua is no stranger but for some… it may spark some questions. I could go on and tell you a whole long and winding story about the brand but for today I will just showcase some of their blushes – cream blushers in particular.

P1060317

To me these cream blushers had made me fall in love with cream blush since my previous experiences with this type of blushers were not quite so lucky. However these cream blushers last all day on me and look so natural when blended of course. Don’t be so shocked at how intense they are because Illamasqua cream blushers are nothing but impressive and pigmented. I have swatched them at their true intensity with no blending…

P1060321

From L-R: Sob, Betray, Rude, Libido, Promise, Dixie, Seduce, Crush
(For those wondering I’ve just managed to name them off by heart – *LOL*)

P1060326

L-R: Devour, Brazen

Which one I like? Oh boy oh boy… which do I pick! It really depends on what kind of shades you’re after.
Which are the most popular? Rude is – however, to be honest with you I have tried Rude on my cheeks and I didn’t like it because on my “already pink flushed” cheeks it looks … plain pink. However, I would definitely suggest you try it in store because I know everrryybody (literally everybody) I know who have tried Rude … lloovvesss it!

OMG I just realised I missed to swatch "Laid” – one of my favourite pink…

I like Libido… Sob… Promise… Betray… Seduce…

Oh and I also suggest you use them sparingly at first application, maybe with a duo fibre brush (just a tiny dab) and blend blend blend before you add more colour. Then you can either leave it for a natural glowy cheeks or set it with powder blush or just your normal powder.

Another tip about them is that I like to dab them on my lips and use them like lipstick…

Day 11 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge
I know this had to get released a bit close to the end of the day…

I hope this has somewhat been helpful for those looking at Illamasqua Cream Blush

xoxo

Disclaimer: I am mentioning the particular product/s because I think they are worth it – so there I’ve said it.

Comments

I have Libido and lahhhhhhve it (though honestly the poor thing doesn't get enough use since it's so bright) but I need to try more. I'm thinking maybe Seduce since I could do with a nude sort of cream blush. :) thanks for the swatches!
Anonymous said…
are you sure that the left one is brazen? on the illamasqua website devour looks more orange and brazen is more true red
Dana K said…
@Anonymous: I'm pretty sure, but I'll double check next time I'm in store and will get back to you... My apology if any mistake was made.
Anonymous said…
I would be grateful if you did, I want to buy the darker one (the right one on the photo) online and I want to be sure which is which. Thanks for your help.
Dana K said…
@Anonymous: You were right! I did get it the other round, my apology. Devour is definitely the warmer, more orange tone. While Brazen is the more cool, darker one. :) Hope that helps.
Dustyn said…
Hooray! I've ordered Rude and it's on its way to me :-) keen as, it looks lovely and I figure if it doesn't suit me it'll no doubt suit a friend or my sister!

Popular Posts