2010 Favourite Products

Hi lovelies!
I hope you all are having a fantastic holiday season! It's summer here and it has been raining non stop! Floods are happening around the country.

So, I saw this post going around blogs and I thought it'd be fun to do one... was thinking of making a video of it but it might turn out to be too long...

It sure is fun doing the current favourites etc but here would be a run down the list of products that top the list in terms of ... well, in my life! This will be a special post... Without further adue...

Makeup

Foundation: Oh how many have I gone through this year to find the one I'm happiest with. After a little debate... I have to say my favourite, which I have been supporting almost everyday for the past few weeks or so... would be this blend of 2: MAC Pro Longwear Foundation (NC30) & Lancome Teint Miracle (03). It lasts all day, totally cancels out my redness (since I blush easily) and keeps my face looking flawless all day. It does not crack or disappear and work friendly. It may even be gym friendly!
EDIT: Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation - this is waterproof and lasts all day - has skincare properties and doesn't break me out - the foundation I used every single day while I was in hot humid days in Singapore and Indonesia

Concealer: Hmm... I haven't been using much concealer, mostly just using the foundation on particular spots. However, I've been loving YSL Touche Eclat as undereye concealer/brightener! The MAC Pro Longwear concealer is also not bad, though I think I might have to get a shade lighter... The NC30 concealer can look slightly orange on me sometimes...

Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder ... has surprisingly beaten all the other powders I have! Even those high end ones! I think this may be the end of my search - a HG product - wow! Though, I do use the MAC Invisible Prep + Prime Powder or RCMA Powder No Color for undereyes

Blush: Gorgeous Cosmetics Pro Colour in Marshmellow mixed with Rhubarb (I think? Unfortunately I don't remember this other color and mine is in the quad so I can't check the name), MAC Pro Blush in Cantaloupe, ELF Blush from the Blush & Bronzing Duo

Bronzer: MAC Golden bronzer, ELF Bronzer from the Blush & Bronzing Duo, NARS Laguna

Highlighter: YSL Touche Eclat set with NARS Nico, Gorgeous Cosmetics Conceal It Concealing Cream in Light Neutral

Eyeshadow: Hourglass Visionaire Eyeshadow Duo in Suede, Guerlain Ombre Eclat Duo & Liner in L'Heure Bronzer 382, The lightest shade from Smashbox Eyeshadow Quad in Smolder (Thanking Roseanne for this quad!)

Eyeliner: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink hands down!!

Eyeshadow Primer/Base: Urban Decay Primer Potion + Gorgeous Cosmetics Conceal It Concealer Cream in Light Medium

Eyelash Curler: Gorgeous Cosmetics or Shiseido

Mascara: Now this is a tricky one... I've gone through a few different ones all in Black and Waterproof. Maybelline Full 'n' Soft, MaxFactor Aqua Lash, MaxFactor Masterpiece, CoverGirl Volume Exact. I remember being happy with CoverGirl Lash Blast too hahaha... to name a few that I was happy with. Although, Maybelline Full 'n' Soft might top the list here.

Lipstick: Guerlain Kiss Kiss Stick Gloss in 962 Grape Juice, Maybelline Colorsensational in 145 Plaza Pink, MAC Mellow Mood from A Tartan Tale collection, MAC Blooming Lovely from Liberty of London collection, Guerlain Kiss Kiss Maxi Shine in 643 Chocolate Shine

Lipgloss: Hourglass Prodigy in Opium, MAC Hot House from Disney collection, Smashbox Location

Nail Polish:
MAC Brown Bag, MAC In the Buff, OPI Rumple's Wiggin' from Shrek collection


BODY

Shower gel/soap: Still looking for 1 I really really like... been sort of changing and getting sick of them one by one... Palmolive shower gels are okay... Lush Vanilla in the Mist smells good and so does Porridge soap... but not exactly favourite favourite...

Body lotion/cream: I use body powder Lush Vanilla Puff Powder (plus, it's summer here) but when I do, I use my Grown Vanilla & Orange Peel cream or Nivea cream in jar

Body exfoliator: Lush sugar scrub, Lush Mask of Magnaminty and I want to try Lush Rub Rub Rub

Hand cream: Grown - Vanilla & Orange Peel

Lip balm/treatment: MAC Lip conditioner in jar, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Protectant cream

Perfume: Kate by Kate Moss, Versace Woman (and I secretly wanting Chloe)

FACE

Cleanser: Kiehl's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser, Lush Herbalism mixed with L'Occitane Olive Facial Foam

Toner: Lush Eau Roma Water

Moisturiser: Lancome Hydra Zen, The Face Shop White Tree EX Vita Cream, Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Refining Moisture Cream Complex, L'Occitane Olive Facial Lotion

Facial Mask: Lush ... Mask of Magnaminty, Brazened Honey, Oatifix

Exfoliator: Cure Natural Aqua Gel (I still want to try Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt!)

Makeup Remover: Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes (Face Wipes - purple packaging) and for the eyes - Missha The Style (when I can get them) or if not, Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover works best for me out of the other brands out there

Aah, so there we have it... my favourites... =)

Quote:
"the eye never has enough of seeing nor the ear its fill of hearing; what you do not wish for yourself do not do to others-"

Comments

Fifi said…
Oh wow so many MACs!! Hahaha. I would loveeee to try the pro longwear foundation. I need something that doesn't transfer since I wear white shirts a lot.

Where do you buy your Dream Matte Powder? They're not available here in Indonesia, ugh!
.blushfully. said…
Hi Fif! Hahaha not that many, are there? I think most foundations tend to transfer especially in hot humid weather if they rub...>_<"

The Dream Matte powder is available everywhere here in Australia, so I can get it from chemists or supermarket anywhere that sells maybelline, really. Nga dijual di indo ya? :(
faye lu said…
great 2010 wrap up - i agree! MAC's pro long wear also made my list. lasts all day. i definitely want to try Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder =)
xo

Popular Posts